Re: Exponential moving average

<x-flowed>
That with my pet duck that always quacks exactly 10 minutes before the MA
crosses helps. :)
I named my duck Jurik in honor of Mark because you can't see him unless you
pay me first.

Robert

Yep and that is the nature of all indicators. MA can give you an idea of a
markets cycles. That and repetition of those cycles at regular times can be
traded.

Robert

At 02:56 PM 10/2/00 -0700, DH wrote:
> > The MAs should be  CENTERED.  This is VERY important.  If centered MAs are
> > used, there should be no phase problems nor any need to invert the
> > difference (long minus short, as opposed to the correct short minus long).
>
>Well, that's just swell for historical research, ie looking for cycles,
>but what good is it for trading?
>
> > One final observation:  the final value from a difference between
> 32-bar and
> > 16-bar MAs (both centered) will correspond to time = T minus16,
>
>Great. So, when an arrow pops up on my screen, I now know what I should
>have done 3 weeks ago.
>
>--
>   Dennis
</x-flowed>