Re: small Survey

<x-flowed>
I hope that market (DJIA) made a low about March of 2000 and the next
milestone should be a new high (maybe more). So if some one patient enough
take a long position then he/she would be on the right side of the market.
It is not easy to be on the right side, but who said that trading should be
easy? If market to make a new high it should be done by the 1st or 2nd
quoter of the year 2001. The 2000 low could be re tested (slightly taking
out) but it is better not to do so. If market (DJIA) could hold the recent
lows (week and two weeks ago) then we do more then marginal highs on the
upside (will run to 13,000).

As of a metrology to be used, one needs to belive that there are 4-year
cycles in the market (never the same time leangs, but around 4 year). And
if the bottom of the previous cycle was in 1998, than January 2000 high
cannot be the top of the market. Top in 2001 would be about right. Altho
there are many others "habits of the market" like decennial and double
decennial patterns, election pattern, all saying that year 1 of the decade
(like 2001) could be a year of the top, and year 2 (2002) could be a "bad"
year.

When market "should" move up it is better to be long even inside the
trading range, because you will be bailed out by the market. Also it is
better to stay in the market through out gyrations (however unpleasant it
is) because "they" not only do not ring the bells on the top "they" do not
do it on the bottom either.

Hopeful Alex.

At 09:13 PM 9/30/00 -0700, Monte C. Smith wrote:

>  I was wondering if anyone on the List has been on the right side of the
>market (regardless of the markets traded) for most of the past...oh, say
>month or two.
>
>  If you have been, tell us what your general approach and thinking has
>been, and the markets traded. (persons with large profits, on a relative
>basis, are welcome
>
>Regards,
>Monte
</x-flowed>