Switching datafeeds / sever Tick data question, help

i am considering switching one of my machines
from BMI cable feed to internet possibly PCQuote
or E-Signal. now the question.
i have tons of BMI tick data collected thru the years
and
when switching feeds my symbols will have
different structure (  SPZ0 to SP0Z, etc. )
and my question is it am i gonna lose it all by
switching or is there a way to preserve my tick
data and covert old feed symbol names into
new feed's names without losing tick data in the server?
would i have to rename symbols one by one?
has anyone gone thru this already?
what's involved?
thank you in advance.
bilo.