[Fwd: Re: SHARPE IS USELESS]

I think Maxime meant this for the list....

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: SHARPE IS USELESS
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:21:14 +0200
From: "Maxime" <omegalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "DH" <catapult@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Sharpe ratio is not useless, but indeed it needs other ratios to draw some
kind of conclusions when measuring performance of systems/investment
strategies.

For ex, one could use the Sterling ratio and/or the U-P ratio and/or the
Sortino ratio.

For info about these, see:
http://www.sortino.com/htm/Upside%20Potential.htm
or more generally: