RE: Radar-Screen problems with Dll_Add, Dll_Context, Dll_Free.. Who can help?

<x-flowed>
comments below

At 12:51 PM 9/20/2000 -0400, M. Simms wrote:
>Carten - Dave has done almost all of his work in DLLs....I believe he can
>help you.
>
>Are you using C++ ?

As mentioned, I use DLL's a lot, but unfortunately, I haven't used them in
conjuction with Radar Screen.

>  Maybe this is a radar screen bug.. Is there someone out who
> > successfully wrote a radar screen indicator with custom DLL calls?

If this is indeed what is happening, it sounds like a bug.  Are you certain
though that an indicator applied isn't the thing that is generating the
calls to DLL_Context?

Also remember that each DLL function within an indicator makes a call to
DLL_Add/DLL_Free.  ie if an indicator uses 2 DLL functions, it will call
DLL_Add and DLL_Free twice with the same dwIdentifier.

Perhaps you've already done this, but what's UNconfused me a number of
times is the tracing facility I added to my DLL (something I can turn on
and off at compile time).  One thing I trace is each call to the DLL_xxx
functions.  It prints the time and dwIdentifier.  I then compare the times
to when I apply/remove indicators. If you haven't tried this, I would do
this first to make sure your 100% certain what's going on.

> > A second problem seems to be that the identifier used in the
> > three function
> > calls are not unique across radar screen and charts. E.g. I got
> > the same identifier
> > value in a chart window and a radar screen window. Another bug?

Possibly.  Are you certain it's not a chart indicator that is updating though?

> > Please contact me if you habe any usefull information about my problem!
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> > Carsten
> >
> > --
> > Carsten Wolters