Re: about Bill Brower's Global Variable for TS2000?

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: about Bill Brower's Global Variable for TS2000?
  • From: "Terry B. Rhodes" <tbr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 19:39:45 -0700

Hi,

> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like your comments about Bill Brower's Global Variable for TS2000.
> http://www.insideedgesystems.com/global.htm
> No doubt this may be a quite interesting product regarding the quality of TS
> Express

Haven't used GV, but am using an similar product, Hashnums, from
QTI and am happy with it. Reading the web page you reference it
seems that GV might have some limitations that hashnums doesn't.
A hashnums demo is available from the url below. Please let me
know your experiences re either of these.

QTI also has another product, QLSnums, which is referenced in the
mail below. They have fixed the original bug reported in that
mail. I have since stressed the product under heavy load doing
scans for hours on end. It works well except that the sort call
appears to slowly eat up system memory. I'm reporting this to
them tomorrow and will let the group know if things get
straightened out.

regards,

tbr