RE: Tradeworks Software

Hi, let me clarify what this is all about.

Tradeworks Software has two products, QCollector and OmegaUpdater, that
when used together simulate a real-time data feed for TradeStation v4.0
or SuperCharts EOD, using the Quote.com internet data feed. The way it
works is as follows, and some of this is quoted from a message I posted
to another mail list to answer a similiar question:

Instead of creating your charts from data in the Omega tick database,
you build them from data files on disk (Ascii or MetaStock format - this
is easy to do with TradeStation.) QCollector updates these data files
with the real-time data from QFeed, on the interval you specify, which
can be as often as every ten seconds. On each update, OmegaUpdater
instructs TradeStation to reload the workspace(s) you are updating, and
the systems and studies you have applied to your charts are
re-calculated as the charts re-load their data. The amount of time this
takes depends on how powerful your computer system is, how many charts
you are watching, how computationally intensive your analysis techniques
are, and so on. It is typically just a few seconds.

The way I use this combination in my own trading is to run TradeStation
in the background with my own custom indicators with alerts set, and one
intraday trading system running on the EMini S&P. I follow real-time
charts with QCharts from Quote.com, which IMO has better basic charting
than TradeStation and much, much better quote sheets. But since QCharts
lacks the advanced programming capabilities of TradeStation, I have
TradeStation alert me when my system is signalling a trade, and when
certain other conditions develop in the market.

A few other points:

* The Omega Server is not required, so your system is not burdened with
the server's high (up to 100%) CPU usage.
* You have data on demand. You can chart any of the thousands of symbols
offered by Quote.com without having to first add the symbol to your
server portfolio and collect hours of data for it.
* There are no "holes" in your data or gaps in your charts, because you
don't have to be connected to a data feed all the time gathering ticks.
QCollector manages your data in separate files for each security and
keeps them updated.
* QCollector is also a full featured historical data downloader that
will bring all of your data files up to date with the click of a button.
Maintain your own database of intraday, tick, and EOD data.

Free trial versions of QCollector and OmegaUpdater are available for
download from the Tradeworks Software web site (link below) so you can
see exactly how this works. I would suggest creating a new MetaStock
data format portfolio in QCollector and adding several of the trial
symbols to it to get started (ADBE, ADSK, INTU, KO, MCD, SUNW, NOVL,
GBLX, TRAN, COMPX, VLE.X, or XAU.X). Running QCollector requires a
subscription to the QCharts or QFeed package from Quote.com
(http://classic.quote.com/reg/reg/layout/start.html - your browser must
accept cookies for this link to work).

Regards,

Dave DeLuca