From: Timothy Morge [mailto:tmorge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 6:57 PM
To: drwar@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jhamon@xxxxxxxxxxx; 'Omega_List'; 'Mark Brown'
Subject: Re: Best Stochastics for S&P Trading

Jerry:

I'm going to try a gentler approach: The S?P futures market is probably the
most
difficult market in the futures arena to trade in and out of, day after day.
The
very best traders fight for scraps in this market. There are no easy
answers.

And yet, on a regular basis, this list and all of the others we all
subscribe
to, get questions asking for the easiest way or the best way or the most
successful way to trade the S?Ps--and almost always it is from fairly new
traders.

The truth is this: You'd be much better off learning to trade in a different
pit. You probably don't want to hear that--most people don't. But if you
want to
be trading for a living four or five years from now, your odds are much
better
if you take the time and invest in learning how to trade--and most people
new to
trading don't have deep enough pockets to play in the S?Ps while they learn.
The
tuition is just too high.

The answers that work aren't probably very novel or even hidden somewhere.
The
answers are within yourself, in most instances, and it's the price you have
pay to learn that that wipes out most traders.

Pick a few gentler markets. Make sure you have enough capital. Learn all you
can
learn. Read and study. Post here. Read posts here. Help others and ask for
help
when you need help. Make sure your tools are ready and that you know how to
use
them in every situation. And most important, know yourself. Know your risk
tolerance. Know your weaknesses, because you can be sure the S?P pit will
find
your weaknesses about three or four times a day. Have a plan--because a bad
plan
is better than no plan at all. Last, trade your plan and trade within
yourself.

Indicators? I can't help you there, sorry. I'm mostly a guy that draws lines
on
paper charts. But there are people here that really know there stuff if you
are
patient and read the posts carefully.

Best,

Tim Morge

JeRRyWar wrote:

> Unfortunately for brian and other newbies like myself the heart of his
> question
> lies not necessarily in stochastics but what indicators to look into for
> intraday trading the S?P. He clearly asked what else ? and was looking for
> some direction.
> I wish I could answer him, but like him, I am struggling with those very
> same issues. The answer may have been clever in its point, but it blew off
> the intent of his question which I read as asking for some direction.
>
> Jerry W.

If