Re: Real Time Pit Info

Dear Jerry & Group.

I used to subscribe to a Squawkbox service but no longer do.  The two that I
used were

first:    Jeff Jacobsen at http://los.net   until Jeff left (Jeff was awesome
in his knowledge of the S&P pit and its major players)

and then:  Ben Lichtenstein at http://www.tradingsignals.com  (Ben's style is
more aggressive than was Jeff's)

Both had (and I believe still have) a trial period.  I suggest that you try
them and see if they might be helpful for you.

They were most helpful to me in announcing when the huge commercials were
actively taking positions in the market (as in, these were the WRONG guys to
fade) and also in announcing when trading limits were about to be imposed.
Additionally, they were indirectly helpful in assuring that my datafeed was
not grossly lagging the market (usually no more than a second or two --- but
occasionally when I still was using BMI satellite, last year and before, by a
minute or two).  Now that I've been using QFeed, I haven't had those
problems, which was one reason that I eventually quit the Squawkbox.  Another
reason is that no matter how you cut it, having the Squawkbox on is, in my
experience, just shy of being abusive --- it's like standing in the middle of
the gateway at a carnival.  It got to be just too much for me, and I returned
to peace and quiet during my trading.  I don't miss it (except for the info
described above).

Sincerely,

Richard