sell next bar fails depending on stop value

I'm writing my first system, using MSFT as a testing environment, using
daily data. I have a bar whose date is 5/21/1998 whose O, H, L, C is 43.906,
43.688, 42.188, and 43.188.

on the previous bar (5/19/98) I execute the EL code:

Sell ("fBLSpecial") Next bar at 42.249 stop;

It generates a sell as expected. Valid values 42.249 or higher work fine.

I generate the EL code:

Sell ("fBLSpecial") Next bar at 42.248 stop;

and it does not generate a sell order. Values 42.248 or lower fail.

I tried changing the"Bouncing Ticks setting to 0 has no effect on the
outcome.

Any thoughts/guidance would be appreciated. I've read the EL manual and
can't seem to find any related info except stop prices are "rounded" up or
down to closest valid price.

How do you work around this issue if you want to buy/sell with a stop at a
specific target price?