Re: A question about system design.

> This could be a religious issue.....no question.

Not for me. Just common sense.

> Chuck LeBeau seems to favor ROBUST exit logic......which indicates to me it
> is not trivial.

It's not trivial. First thing is to make sure your entry is based on a
sound premise. I've heard mixed reviews on sequential but let's assume
you believe in it. Then you start adding exits. Add them one at a time.
Test each one as the only exit. It should improve results all by itself.
Then start trying them together. If you just add a whole slew of exits
at the same time, it's really hard to tell what's working and what
isn't. Same thing with optimizations. I like to optimize the parameters
one at a time rather than letting it try thousands of combinations of
parameters and, by chance, coming up with something that happens to fit
a limited data set.

--
  Dennis