RE: A question about system design.

  • To: <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: A question about system design.
  • From: "M. Simms" <prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:05:56 -0700

Systems that either don't have dynamic adjustments for market conditions or
a single parm which sets other parameters when the market "changes".....are
asking for trouble.

Optimization is critical for getting a "view" of the system under multiple
market condition scenarios....."wild swinging", "trending-low volatility",
"small, range-bound swings",etc.

Only by precise definition (based on backtesting) and an ability to
correlate current economic and technical market conditions with historically
similar conditions can you attempt to foresee the upcoming market
conditions.