Re: FW: Globalserver format converter???

At 4:13 PM -0400 7/16/00, JeRRyWar wrote:

>If someone has one I wish they would share it. I need it myself. I have got
>intraday data in Ascii format I cannot use in TS.

I have no trouble creating a chart with intraday data in TS2000i SP5. I used the following process to load a chart with 5 minute S&P futures data from a file called "SPC_ALL.CSV".

Create a new Workspace.

Create a new TradeStation Chart

In the Create Chart Window, select Third Party Directory

In the top white box select the directory where your file is. You may have to add a new directory to the list. The file SPC_ALL.CSV should show up. Select it. Make sure Prompt for format it checked and then and click on Plot.

In the left window select the second one down:
  Date-Time-Open-High-Low-Close-Vol-OpenInt
and in the right window select the top one
  "Month Day Year"
and click OK.

It should bring up the Settings Ascii SPC dialog box. (If, at that point, you get an error dialog box showing data you did something wrong - start over)

Set Data Type to Futures, Exchange to All Exchanges. Search for to SP
(It will say SPC - delete the C to get SP.)

Click on Find. It should find it and display the correct data - 250 Value, etc.

Click OK and you should get a Format Symbol Dialog.

Set the date range and compression you want in any multiple of 5 minutes and click on Intraday. Click on OK and it should display the chart.

I just did it to generate these instructions and it worked perfectly.

Bob Fulks