RE: A question about system design.

Sounds like a good measure, but it seems it is a bit sensitive in a heavily
traded system. Say for example that the system is doing trades of between 3
to 30 days length. A good profit after a couple of days would then mean an
extremely high percentage return, and so would a stop loss also mean an
extremely bad percentage return.

Using these trade results to calculate mean deviation would give a very
different result from using the accumulated net return per month (assuming
enough trades from the system). Would it not? Reason I ask is that I like
the idea, but I would like to find a measure based on real trade data rather
than some montly average compared to a yearly average.