Re: DATA Discrepency BE AFRAID!!!

Tim wrote:
> I am not suggesting you become a discretion trader. I am suggesting you should
> tear into the two data streams and see exactly what is different. The choose one.

Yup. Like Tim said, any data stream is only an approximation of reality.
The best you can hope for is that, over time, the differences will
balance out. Sometimes it will be in your favor and sometimes it won't.

Example, I developed a system using S&P data. I actually trade it using
e-mini data. Sometimes (rarely) either the big SP or the mini will give
a signal and the other won't. Other (rare) times, BMI might give a
signal and quote.com won't. Them's the breaks. Sometimes it works in my
favor and sometimes it doesn't but, on average, it all balances out.

If your system is so data sensitive that a few ticks here or there will
break it, maybe it's time to rethink your methods. Remember, the future
will probably be nothing like the past.

--
  Dennis