Re: Need advice

Having recently switched from 30 years of futures trading to individual
stocks, I've been using QCharts for several months.

While generally good, the major flaw is that when the market is busy --
especially the first 1/2 hour -- almost no charts are available. Do not
depend upon any intra-day chart from QCharts during this time.

Further problem is that at times their daily charts are not adjusted for
stock splits.  I can pull-up a chart at 10:00 that will be fine,  but 2
hours later a split that took place 2 - 3 months ago will no longer be
reflected.

I assume Quote.com is working on above problems, but my messages to them go
unanswered.

I also use A-T Financial's "Major Attitude", about $ 200 / month.  During
the first 1/2 hour trading I'm able to access 1 - 5 minute charts.  Site:
http://internet.atfi.com  (note: no www)

Just also started with Live Wire Professional, using DTN via satellite.  Too
early to comment, but I suspect this will give me this greatest control over
charting, as I'm not dependent upon internet traffic, & all the historical
data, including prior intra-day info is stored on my disk.

For Quote.com I'm using ADSL connection at  400 - 1000 Kbps, depending upon
traffic etc.

Locations to check modem / cable / DSL speeds:

http://computingcentral.msn.com/topics/bandwidth/speedtest50.asp

http://www.2wire.com

 Free NetMonitor:   http://www.kissco.com