Re: TICK COUNT

At 05:33 PM 7/4/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Try the tick count comparison again when the total ticks are in the 15k or
>above range.

I did.  My BMI sat with TS4 had more ticks than RJ's Quote.Com with
TS4/Dynastore Lite.

> The percent loss increases as the total ticks increases.

Agreed with high tick volume stocks.

> On
>days with only 5K the loss percent will be low.  But on days with 10k total
>counts the loss will rise to maybe 5 or 10%, then with 15K it might be 15 to
>20% and with 20K it might be 20 to 25%, etc.

As compared with what? CME perhaps? Certainly not with Quote.Com though.
BMI and Quote.Com are comparable to 20K on the spoo minis.

>Since the big contract has
>fewer ticks the loss might be manageable, but for the emini the percent loss
>will affect timing on tick bar charts by delaying the signals.

Not true if my spoo emini tick counts are correct (and they are :-) ) Not
that I really care, though, because my mini trades are initiated off the
big spoo tick charts anyway. Less false signals due to the emini elasticity
in stop runs and the like.

I still maintain as before that TS4 and BMI sat is ok for trading the stock
index futures. It's not as terrible as some on this list say.  But for high
volume stocks and options, go elsewhere.

>BR

MT