Re: Why systems work and then don't work...

I read a review of some statistics packages (I think in Futures Mag)
recently and one of the features in 2 of the systems was "post hoc"
analysis.  "post hoc" analysis is supposed to be able to take the set of
inputs and outputs to a system over a given period of time and give you an
estimation of whether your system's results are random chance or there is a
true correlation to the inputs and the outputs.  I've put post hoc analysis
on my list of things to "look into", (right after I read the 18 books on
what makes a great trader, 33 books on developing systems, 15 books on
killer daytrading techniques, finish my system that generates AI/fuzzy
trading machines using genetic algorithms, write a decent market data
server, go back and get an MS in Math, read the 8 books on chaos in the
capital markets (although there might be 12 by the time I get to them), and
write a book on using chicken entrails and coffee grounds for EOD trading
(would you buy the title "So You've Got A Dead Chicken and A Futures
Account, Now What?")).

Anyway, anyone know more about post hoc analysis or use it to test viability
of their systems?

Kent