Is IB ok to get started?

I do well with stocks, but after much learning and papertrading I'm going
to also start trading the spoos. It seems that Interactive Brokers is one of
the most popular brokers for this, does anyone have a better suggestion?
I do see people bitching about various problems with IB, but overall it
seems that they are about as good as it gets, for someone like me who
is just getting started with futures. I'll probably start the account with 50k.
If anyone has a better suggestion for a futures broker please let me know.

Thanks,

Jess