From: Robert Marlan [mailto:rsm@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2000 12:52 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TS 2000i realtime display question

I have talked with omega and not gotten a good answer on this.

I have 2000i (SP5)  hooked up with a realtime feed from esignal (DBC).
When I have a realtime chart open in TS, the chart seems to redraw every
new tick.  The whole chart including the axis seems to blink for a brief
peiod  (< .1 seconds).  This is even true if there is no system attached to
the chart.

The problem is real noticable if I have a grid drawn in the chart.

The computer is a pentium 3 350MHZ, Windows 2000, 128M,  and a viper 770
graphics card.  They have suggested changing the hardware acceleration
paramaters under display  settings - but this has not helped.  I do have
the latest graphic drivers.

Metastock pro and realtick work just fine.

I tried this on another computer with similar results.

Is this just the way tradestation is??  Perhaps it is written in higher
level (inefficient) code such as visual basic.

I am curious if others have had  this problem.
Any info would be greatly appreciated as omega upper level tech support was
supposed to call back but never did....

Thanks and Happy 4th all!

Robert rsm@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks