Re: omega-digest Digest V100 #240

Robert

I guess I need to expand this idea .Along the lines of your comment attributed to
George Lane , assume that a high to low swing is a representation of a cycle that
is being played out in a market at that time . To capture that cycle an oscillator
would need to be set to 1/2 the number of bars from high to low  . Now in fact the
market changes the cycles that it goes through takes half cycles all at  various
lengths all the time .
My idea is that if an oscillator was able to be imputed on a running basis with the
1/2 the length of the most recent swing high to low or an average of the most
recent ones . It may represent a truer picture of where the market was in terms of
overbought and oversold .
Making it self adjusting by a constant measuring of the number of bars between the
high low swings and imputing 1/2 that as its length . It maybe of no value but the
idea
might have occured to others and it would be interesting to see if it could in fact
be coded . There was something a long time ago on this forum concerning using one
indicator as an imput for another but that was a while back and I do not have it
anymore. I hope I explained it more clearly this time
Thanks
Bryant Tharp