NETCACHE AND INTERNET DATA FEEDS

I currently use an internet data feed as my backup.
When my cable ISP implemented "web caching" recently (using NetCache hardware) it shut this feed down.  So if your internet feed just up and dies one day, this may be the cause.  Ask your ISP if they just implemented "web caching".  If the answer is yes, then that's the problem...

The solution is to "block caching" in a certain way so as to block caching of all subnets of your internet quote provider's IP address(es).

If you run into problems feel free to e-mail me.  Having been through this one I'd be happy to help out anyone who runs into a similar issue...  I think I now know half the network technicians in the US...  :-)

Good trading,

OM