Re: Prediction

> Greenspan has his own agenda.  The markets are discounting what think might
> happen, but do they know what is truly in his soul?  His favorite pastime is
> solving differential equations.  Figuring him out is a challenge.

Not really. The fed fund futures have an almost perfect record of
predicting fed actions. One fed official even admitted they look at the
futures and, if they don't want to upset the markets, they do what the
futures are saying. Last time the futures said 50 basis points and sure
enough... Last time I checked, they were saying no increase this time.

--
  Dennis