brokerage account

I am sure this has been asked a zillion times, but I am new to the list so
please bear with me. Could I get
some Recomendations for an online brokerage to trade futures and options on
futures. I am concerned about
getting low commision rates per turnaround. But I am concerned that some of
the lower priced flat rates might be fly by night operations or possibly
financially unstable. Can I get some recommendations as to.

	1) What I should expect to pay per side or turnaround. I have seen from
5.99 to 34.99 per side. ( Small 	account $5000-$25000)
	2) What to look for to qualify a online brokerage service besides the
obvious quick fills and low rates.
	3) Can I get some recomendations.

Maybe the list should have a faq for newbies like me. So everyone doesn't
have to listen to this over and over.
I will gladly assemble a list of any that are posted.

Best Regards
Soon to take the plunge Jerry.