Re: Disk Parameter Tuning Utility?

  • To: Zsuzsa <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Disk Parameter Tuning Utility?
  • From: "James O. Davis" <fleubis@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:37:31 -0700

To begin with, I keep on computer on all night.  Diskeeper kicks in at
midnight.  I shutdown Global Server before going to bed.  I don't really
care about the nightly update, since I have nothing to update. I don't use
Global Server format data, I use Genesis data--an external data source, so
the issue of whether Diskeeper works with TradeStation's Global Server
during nightly update has not come up.  I would try it.  Schedule it at a
time when nightly update is not being run...no reason to thrash the
disks.  Diskeeper comes in 2 versions for NT, one for NT Workstation and
one for NT Server.  The Single server version is the one I have, as I use
NT 4.0 and it has performed flawlessly.  Everytime I go look at the
fragmentation it is very low.

James Davis