RE: SP5 Update - Not Stable

>Subject:         RE: SP5 Update - Not Stable
>  Date:         Wed, 31 May 2000 12:13:11 +0100
>  From:         Trevor.Neil@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>    To:         bfulks@xxxxxxxxxxxx, omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
>
>Why I tried to load it, but it could not extract because there was not
>enough space in the /temp directory. There is lots of space on the computer.
>I downloaded it again and the same thing happened. I guess it is a problem
>with my computer.

How much is lots ?

Emptying the TEMP directory may or may not help.  It depends on how much
junk is in the TEMP directory, how much space the program needs to
decompress, and how much free space is on the drive.

The TEMP directory is essentially all the free space on the drive.
So the real problem may be that there may not be
enough space on the drive even after the TEMP is cleared.

To get enough space you may need to move large programs to another drive
(if you have one), delete them (MS-Office is good !), or get a larger
drive.  If you have multiple logical drives with free space, Partition
Magic
can be used to shift some space to the C: drive.

Ask the Tech Support bozos EXACTLY how much free space you need in the
"temp" directory.

don

(interesting post by Mats that you may have too much space!