RE: You got game?-bonds vs. stocks

OM wrote:
> So let it be clear that I am not the one suggesting the use of
> causal reasoning.  Intermarket analysis suggests that x causes y.
> I am simply pointing out that while x may correlate significantly
> with y, that is no proof of the *causation* that is sought by
> *intermarket analysts*.

I think you're making an unwarranted assumption -- that people trade
using intermarket analysis because they believe in a causative
relationship.  I believe many people who use intermarket analysis
could care less whether X causes Y, or Y causes X, or parakeet causes
kumquat.  They've just observed that there is a high degree of
correlation between X and Y, and they've devised rules that allow
them to trade profitably using that correlation, and that's ALL they
care about.  They aren't diving deeply into the ontology or
epistemology or philosophy of the thing.  They're just trying to make
money.

Gary