RE: You got game?-bonds vs. stocks

The stock vs. bond correlation is still valid......but you must use a
derived conditional variable to compare the two to obtain a decent
R-squared.

bondvar = -1 * (bond_rate_chg - bond_rate_maxchg) * factor *
bond_rate_chg...etc, etc.
(an example only)
stockvar = (price - price[1])/price[1]*100;

When bond rates go about a certain "max" as indicated by the market, THEN
bond prices negatively correlate with the stock market. Otherwise, mildly
rise bond rates at "low" levels produce positive correlations. Oh, and there
is a time-lag factor in there as well ! The above is an example to show that
many correlations are not simple. You just can't compare A to B....usually
there are time-offsets to consider as well as more conditions to factor-into
the variable.

Check it out....a big study was done on this. This also makes sense from an
economic standpoint.

Where's the "max" today ? Dunno...could be 7 or 8 % on the long bond.
Implications: if rates stabilize in the next 6 weeks and we don't reach the
"max", then a big, big rally in stocks is coming.