Maxxer

This engineer wrote a program  he called the Maxxer. He had some success
with this program and it  appealed to me. This man was a math wizard. For
example he wrote a program based on math to pass the futures exam without
studying. If you asked him what he thought the market was going to do
tomorrow . He always did some kind of calculation by hand then he would
give you a pretty good answer. He told me it was probabilities of the
markets next move based on math. The system he wrote was back tested over
10 years of data and was profitable. Known factors eventually stop him as
far as I know from trading. Tremendous slippage in the S&P  , broker error
and extreme volatility in the market at that time. The main reason the
system failed was his discretion based on emotion rather than trusting the
program. My question is what calculation was he using  by getting the
open,high, low an close of the previous day to forecast tomorrow.? Was this
Murray math, was this similar to a trading program called F.I.R.S.T .

Thanks
Robert