RE: Buyers and Sellers (or Bid and Ask)

It would seem to me that you would also have to take into account the prior
trades.  If a stock is coming down, but continually moves at the ask price, I
wouldn't consider that a long candidate (probably a step-down seller).  And I
definitely think you need to consider the "in-between" trades that are neither
at the buy or the sell.  But again, those should be considered in relation to the
stocks immediately prior movements.