Re: Cryptography

Michael Suesserott wrote:

> Jay,
>
> if you are really serious about protecting your code, or, for that matter,
> any file or directory on your PC, you might consider cryptographic programs
> like PGP.
>
> One excellent tool is Steganos II which not only encrypts your files but
> also allows you to put them into a secret directory which will disappear
> tracelessly from the directory structure unless you give the password.
>
> Also does steganography (hiding your encrypted files in the pixels of
> photographs) and much more. You can check it out at www.demcom.com. A cool
> program with many nifty features. Indispensable for all the IRS-fugitives on
> the list to hide their Swiss bank account numbers. ;)
>
> Disclaimer: no connections etc. etc.
>
> Michael

You can get from Russia PGP Key signatures of over 500 KB. That would take a
super computer
over a year to crack.
Linux has a crytographic filesystem. A Meta filesystem hidden under your
exisiting filesystem (FS). I use this
for my accounts, secret files etc. If anybody was to get a hold of my harddrive
they would simply see a working
linux operating system with a bunch of useless programs like correl,
wordperfect. etc..
A few keystrokes and sequential patterns brings the Meta Filesystem to the
surface. ( A whole new
world )

Regards
Shawn