Re: another lost password - addendum: TS2000i NOT 4.0

Yo!

Wednesday, May 24, 2000 you wrote:

J> Please disregard previous message regarding needing a program to unlock.  I
J> actually remembered my password.  While I'm on the subject, my indicator was
J> developed using TS2000i and NOT TS 4.0.  I guess there are no programs out
J> there (as of yet) to unlock these anyway, correct?
no. There are three different file types TS2000i could export to. ELA (good old
one), ELS and ELS protected. Both ELA and ELS could be opened w/o
password (software to break password is LEGAL!).
ELS protected is a token format, where is source isn't stored, it has internal format,
pseudo-code (like Visual Basic) and TS2000i can execute it, but can show you source.
The only way to reverse it - decompilation. It's pretty hard
process and source will never look like original again.. All variable
names, procedure names and other stuff went to space with words "kiss
my ass, goodbye" ;).

J> Jeff

ViZzy.