Re: SP5

The schedule for SP5 was orginally posted on the Omega web site
for March of 2000 after the February release of Win2000.

It has been continuously delayed since that time, and as of 2 days
ago when I last looked, was listed on the web site as scheduled for
release in April (?!?!).

I have hoped this does not mean that Omega is moving away from
this product and its support.  This level of delay is really
troublesome.  It isn't as if Windows 2000 were a brand new product
without a 1 1/2 year history of beta releases and Microsoft support
for developers seeking to update their software.

Although Win2000 is clearly not intended to be the operating
system for the common man, it is a wonderfully robust OS that is
particularly stable and quite adept at running in the networked
environment, while at the same time it is clearly the best OS out
there for a notebook, pardoxically.  It is, after all, the most current
Microsoft OS.  My office environment has already deployed it
widely with no problems, and I am worried that I will be stuck
without the capacity to run TS200 soon if this Service Pack is not
released.

The primary issue in SP5, although I am certain there are others, is
to allow the installation of TS2000 on a Windows 2000 machine.  I
have one machine running Win2k that was upgraded from NT4.0
and had TS2000 already installed that seems to be running it just
fine, but TS2000 clearly will not allow a straght forward clean install.

Has anyone determined a way to perform a clean install of TS2000
on a Windows 2000 machine?

Bill