Re: Paying US taxes while living abroad

That is right, you only have to pay taxes (on worldwide income) in France
while you actually reside there.
France has signe an agreement on "non double taxation" with all major
countries around meaning that if you pay taxes somewhere else you do not
have to pay again in France (what a delicate attention...).

But France has a fuzzy --French fashionnable word  ;-)  --  definition of
residence: you could spend more than 183 days abroad and be considered as a
non resident but you still have to pay taxes in France if your wife stays in
France or your kids go to school in France.

Moral of the story: do not get married.

Maxime

> Not to my knowledge ...I have French friends!  Tax on worldwide income is
> only applicable while they are resident in France.
>
> At 09:10 22/05/2000 -0700, you wrote:
> >There is one other country in the world that requires you to taxes to it
> >even if you are not living there - France... it's all based on some
concept
> >of a global citizen and the idea that eventually you will move back ..
and