From: ChasWaring [mailto:cwwaring@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 20, 2000 5:32 PM
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: would you suggest a router? something else?

Beginning Tuesday, May 16th, SBC Internet Services will implement a system
enhancement that will help us better manage system resources and provide
you, our valued customer, better service.
Our Basic DSL customers, according to SBC Internet Services' DSL Terms and
Conditions, are allowed only one IP (Internet Protocol) address. This system
enhancement ensures that only one IP address per customer will be assigned
at a time.

Once this enhancement takes effect, duplicate requests for IP addresses will
cause the following error message:

THIS IP ADDRESS IS CURRENTLY ASSIGNED TO ANOTHER MACHINE AND IS ALREADY IN
USE.

For our customers who need more than a single DSL connection to the
Internet, SBC Internet Services offers Enhanced DSL and Business DSL
packages that include multiple IP addresses. More information on these
products, as well as a listing of our Terms and Conditions, can be obtained
by viewing our websites:

If you experience trouble with connectivity, simply disconnect one PC from
the HUB and hook it to the DSL modem for a single connection. If you
continue to experience connectivity problems, contact SBC Internet Services
customer service desk at 1-800-NET-HELP (1-800-638-4357).

Thank you.

Oh! No. Thank you!

(If they don't care how many telephones I have on my line, why is this
different?)