Re: Where is the Futures Industry Headed?

"[ tradergirl ]" wrote:

> > The CFTC needs to be merged into the SEC, but this will not occur, in my
> > opinion, until the futures exchanges have a strong foothold on stocks
> through
> > successful single stock futures contracts.  Only then, after the futures
> > firms themselves have transformed themselves into securities firms as well
> > will enough players beat the political drum to sacrifice the CFTC in the
> name
> > of avoiding double regulation.
>
> I have a better idea for a lot of traders.  Go offshore, start trading at $0
> commission
> forex brokers, or other markets.  Europe is full of electronic operations,
> and there
> is no reporting to the IRS.

Futures on single stocks sounds great. But I do not see anything new about this.

CFD's  ( Contract For Difference ) have been already available in Europe for the
second
year running on a majority of US traded stocks. (Margin requirements 20%).
Gearing and market execution
at a specific price. CFD's will be the next generation of instruments traded.
For those interested visit http://www.cfds.net/english

Regards
Shawn
--