Re: TC2000 data w/Tradestation

The Y2K deal was very frustrating, to this day neither Omega or Worden Bros.
have really addressed the issue properly but, to answer your  question, yes
I do import eod and intraday data from TC to TS2000i and here's how.

First, from the drop down help menu check your version # for Telechart it
must be 4.2.0081 or above (if not update to latest version via net, make
sure TC2000 is not running at the time.)

>From the Databank drop down menu choose "Smart Export to Metastock", check
the box "Use Metastock Y2K compatible date format" at the bottom, then
choose your watchlist, days to export and click Smart Export.

Now open Tradestation, in the "create chart window" choose "3rd Party
Directory" and in the drop down menu choose "Metastock:C:\TCMSData\"

After the initial setup Tradestation will operate as if it were reading TC
ver.3 data and the only drawback to this method is the 255 metastock symbol
limit. I have found that after my scans I am adding about 5/20 new symbols
per day to the watchlist + the 50 or so I watch continually but, I am also
deleting symbols daily as trends fall apart so it works well for me. You
could always import new watchlists if the limit becomes a problem for you.
The key, is the version upgrade from Worden if you are not familiar with
their upgrade process drop me a note I'll send you detailed instructions, It
can be a little confusing, Good Luck........Bill

I also use TC2000 but have not found a way to import the daily end of day
data into TS2000i.  Do you do that, and if so how?  It used to work great
until Y2K, and in my opinion is preferable to historybank.com.

thanks
Amileah Grace Crystal

p.s. i agree that the scanning is a delight compared to radar screen