TC2000 (was ummmmmmmmmm...sorry)

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian [mailto:bnm03@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2000 9:16 PM
To: omega-lis@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: tradegirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ummmm... sorry

"> Okay anyways, I have a question, is anyone using TC2000 or trading stocks
> long-term?  I am thinking about using TC2000 I think it is called
> specifically for my long portfolio, and using TS4 for my futures trading.
> Its a cheapie program, like free, plus like $39 a month, or $19.  I'd like
> to know the data specifications of the application as well (ASCII, or
> proprietary)."

I heard on this list that the data isn't extacly always clean.  I've heard
that they've gone downhill in the last year or so.  I used them a long long
time ago and their software worked well and data was clean.  The data
specifications I believe are proprietary but can be exported to MS or ASCII
(but that could have changed since I used it).

If you're looking for just dialy data might I recommend www.bigcharts.com.
While it doesn't have the proprietary indicators it does give you (clean)
data down to the eod and tick level.  Some have posted on this list that
they have "friends" who have become millionares just by using bigcharts.
And the good news is that it's all online, all the time.  No extra software
or data files.  But you can't download the data for personal analysis
(there's always a downside).  QCharts is another data provider on the list
that has gotten good press, as well as CSI data.  CSI data is real cheap
(12/mo with 79 software fee) and data is clean but no fundamentals.  QCharts
has funnymental data and regular data for all markets.  Which one is right
for you, all depends what you want to do with it