Re: Indicators and Spreads

Dirk de Vos wrote:

> Anyone know how to apply an indicator to a spread (TS4)? The problem is
> that a spread is an "indicator"
> - not considered data 3 - hence no other indicators plot on the
> "spread." Funny, as it's very easy to do in
> QCharts.

I have been complaining about that for a while. Tradestation is just not
built for correlations and visual intermarket analysis.
Try doing objective Macro arbitrage with Tradestation. Just does not work.
However look at Metastock. A simple function called "Create Composite
derrivate" allows you to do exactly that.
(e.g You can with one click create a synthetic yield spread dirrevative
($TYX - $IRX) and apply whatever technical analysis to it.)
Further drawing the two dierrvatives on single chart you can specify each
to have its own seperate scale. One on the left and the
other on the right. I would suggest you get a copy of Metastock 6.5 on the
side as a supplement.

--
Ricercar Fund /SA "Quarendo Invenietis"
http://www.RicercarFund.com