RE: Off topic posts

I generally agree with Andy and want to point out that he contributes real
code and real ideas to this list as much as if not more than anybody on this
list.  However, I have to say that in this case I considered the original
CNBC post totally inbounds for this list.  It not only dealt with markets in
general but opened up the floor for debate about a subject that could affect
every person on the list.  Speciulation about such topics and insight from a
variety of list members can be valuable.  Geeze there are topics about
computers and programming and serves without the slightest metion of trading
posted to this list all the time and I would consider this way more relevent
than that.

This list is not the code list and this list has always had a wide topic
scope from selfish spam to computers to current topics (sometimes unrealted
sometimes totally related) to tradestation to coding in a variety of
languages to servers and even available jobs.  That's one of the things that
keeps this list active and enjoyable.  Of course we could narrow the scope
down to just code, and end up with 3 posts a day like the code list.