Re: CNBC...

At 12:22 PM -0700 5/16/00, Brian wrote:

>And of course he had his agenda too. He went on to give a plug for
>everybody's favorite tradergirl-esque presidential candidate, saying
>that social security as defined by bush (fuzzy as it may be) would
>further bolster the stock market with an influx of cash and that the
>stock market was acting positively to that. Of course, this is about
>as close to price fixing as it gets and the assumption here is that
>this could protect the US from a prolonged bear market.

This is a bit off topic but I will comment anyway.

The objective of allowing us to invest part of our Social Security money in the market is so that we all will have more money to spend in retirement. But I sort of wonder where all of that extra money is going to come from...

Sounds a bit like a perpetual motion machine to me.

Bob Fulks