Re: ATT:Tradergirl!! (LINUX DOWNLOAD $0)

From: "OX" <enchant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ tradergirl ]" <tradergirl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2000 7:16 PM
Subject: ATT:Tradergirl!!

> Hi Trader Girl....
>
> can I ask if there is a Linux package that is equall too or better the
> MS XL spreadsheet?

do a search on:

www.freshmeat.net

There will be a bunch of them, I am sure.  Or, just download or
get StarOffice, it is like identical to Microsoft Office 2000 Pro, and has
a built in WebBrowser, Word Processor, Spreadsheet, etc. etc. etc.

It is a 70meg download from www.sun.com - or you can order the entire
software on CD for $5, OR-- and get the manual, I think for $15.

> thank you and kind regards
> Stephen from Australia......!!
>

> and what version and package of Linux  do you recoomend to run?

Corel or Caldera is you are an end-user (even RedHat is good)
Redhat, Mandrake, SuSE, Debian, if you want more raw joy.

Corel is the most user friendly right now, and includes Word Perfect
Office Suite Pro on it.

I use Mandrake now, but that is only because I have a DualPentium
Linux box, and it can take advantage of two-processors simultaneously.

TraderGirl