computer technicals

Ted, looking at your hardware, I suspect you run TS4 (not TS2k) under Win9x (not WinNT or Win2000).
If so, do an experiment:
Start Omega Server; you will notice CPU-usage increasing to almost 100% and staying there. Now open the menu "File"; you will probably notice that CPU-usage drops to (in my case (Celeron 333MHz)) about 10%; Open (let's say) "Symbol Portfolio" and leave it open; CPU-usage will stay low. Now open TS-Charting; CPU usage will increase by 10% to 15%.
The limiting factor in charting is: Windows-Resources in Win9x (WinNT & Win2000 don't have this problem); namely System%, User% and GDI%; if they are too low (in my case under 10% the system will stop working.
Do yourself a favor and upgrade your RAM to at the minimum to 128MB better 196MB or 256MB and install a memory manager like WinRamBooster or WinRamBooster Pro. Windows won't permanently swap to the disk (which is 100 to 1000 times slower than RAM). I never have to use the swapfile and therefore a very fast system (with 3 large monitores, two dozen permanently running utilities and only a Celeron 333MHz)
Nick
Date sent: Mon, 8 May 2000 21:01:15 +0200 From: "ted stampeen" To: Subject: computer technicals