Connection problem ...Help!

I realise this is a subject for the Dynastore list but I'm looking
for a quick fix  as I'm unable to trade this morning and I
know there are many technical experts on this list..

I'm unable to connect between DS on one machine and
TS4  Signal server on another.
The only thing I can think of that contributed to this is; over the
weekend I tried to use the Direct Cable Connection of W98 to
transfer downloaded data from the DS machine to the TS
machine. I wasn't successful, however I have checked to make
sure the DCC wasn't still using the serial connection and COM1
 in case this had something to do with my connection problem.
The DS/TS4 connection uses COM1 via serial ports. Its worked
perfectly up until now so I feel I've set up some kind of conflict
with my DCC attempt.
Help ........................!! Looks like my trading day is shot.
TIA,
Ian Cunningham.<