RE:

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE:
  • From: Massimo Ciarafoni <maxci@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 03:35:03 -0700

Hi Howard

First thank you for answering my question, I modified the code to take
into account your
suggestion:

Inputs:Str(5);
Vars:tl(0),switch(0);

Value1=SwingHighBar(1,H, STR,STR+1);

If Value1<>-1 then begin
     If switch=0 then begin
          Plot1[Value1](H[Value1],"SH");
          tl=TL_New(D[Value1], T[Value1], H[Value1], D, T, H[Value1]);
          TL_SetExtRight(tl, True);
          switch=1;
     end else begin
          TL_SetEnd(tl, D, T, H[Value1]);
          TL_SetBegin(tl, D[Value1],T[Value1], H[Value1]);
          Plot1[Value1](H[Value1],"SH");
     end;
end;

This code solved the problem with the min charts and after a lot of
tries I tracked down what the problem was with tick charts.
With short tick charts(3-5 ticks) of actively traded securities (ie.
they have a lot of ticks per minute) sometimes can happen that there are
several bars where the Time( Ts can't specify the seconds) is the same
, so for the above TL_SetEnd and TL_SetBegin:
D[Value1]=D
T[Value1]=T
and obviously
H[Value1]=H[Value1]

and this generates an error in EL, that is a trendline can't have the
same beginning and ending point.
The solution , if one want to plot on short tick chart , is to increase
the required strength for the swing point or to start plotting the
trendline from the minute before.

--
Best Regards

Massimo Ciarafoni

"Imagination is more important than knowledge, for knowledge is limited
while imagination
embraces the entire world."- Albert Einstein