Re: TS2000i install question

Chris Cheatham wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has seen these before:
>
> Installing TS2000i on NT sp5 on separate hd (PII400/192M), install went fine
> except a message saying...
>
> Files Failed to Self Register
>
> C:\Winnt\system32\comcat.dll
>
> Also, the date on that file is 1980. I ran a search and does appear in the
> registry.

I saw this similar error at CMC Market's Website.
The solution they provide is pasted below :
... During installation of deal4free.com software you may receive an error (from
the installation
... software) stating that you have an old version of comctl32.dll and you must
upgrade it before
... deal4free.com will install.

... It is vital that you perform this update as the incompatibility is likely to
cause problems in the
... functioning of the deal4free.com software.

... There are two ways in which you can update the files in question:

... 1) Upgrade to Microsoft Internet Explorer 5
... You can do this via the Microsoft website at
... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/download/default.asp
... or
... 2) Run the Microsoft Windows Common Controls Update
... You can download this update from the Microsoft website at
... http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/ieplatform/ie/comctrlx86.asp

Hope that helps
Regards
Shawn
Ricercar Fund /SA "Quarendo Invenietis"
http://www.RicercarFund.com
The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the individual or
entity to whom it is addressed. It may contain
privileged and confidential information and if you are not an intended recipient
you must not copy, distribute or take any
action in reliance on it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately. Please also destroy
and delete the message from your computer.