Re: Firewall recommendation?ZA and w2000

--- "david b. stanley" <davestan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ZoneAlarm2.0 froze my win2000 solid.
Hi everyone!

A hardware Router may be your best most secure
Solution, all be it a more expensive one. I purchased
a Linksys BEFSR41 Cable/DSL router that also acts as a
10/100 hub for my LAN for about $150.00 and it works
fantastic! It allowed me to easily share my
Hi-Bandwidth connection between all computers on my
LAN with virtually no configuration or headaches. It
also I am not exactly sure why, but the router seamed
to have increased the performance of my cable
connection rather dramaticly when testing at
http://toast.net. Also, my connection tests stealth at
the Shields Up site.
https://grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

BTW. I previously used Blackice defender with
Win2000Pro and it worked just fine.

Alan C.