Re[4]: historical tick data for stock options for TS2000i

Hello  Matthew,

MDL> You may be absolutely right. However, as someone who analyzes data for a
MDL> living, I thought I would look at this data just to see what was there.

hope your not doing it on my tax dollars...  ;-)

MDL> I'm afraid that your Cray's will be much more useful in analyzing the
MDL> financial markets than my linear accelerator.  Wanna trade?  :-)

sure  i  have  a  spare  one  -  you pay shipping and furnish your own
cooling..  three phase power ect..

MDL> It may be that others have already analyzed the bid/ask stock option data
MDL> and discovered nothing.  However, if they have, then they either haven't
MDL> published their results or, more likely, I just haven't looked hard enough
MDL> in the literature.  If it wouldn't be too much trouble, might I ask you for
MDL> any references to other analyses that might be similar to the study I am
MDL> pursuing?

there  are  some starzzz warzzz bid ask anal-izers on the list here who
would most likely contact you in private - i excrete all unnecessary and
unless research projects myself so i have no recall..at the moment

 ;-)

MDL> Your anecdote about brokers timing the delay of the bid/ask to the hang up
MDL> of the phone is both amusing and useful information.  I assumed you meant to
MDL> imply that such actions would smear the data with some random distribution.
MDL> This is actually useful information.

yep  u  got  it...  in fact try this - build a model who's signals are
derived   from  one price series and traded on another...  if possible
what  would  the  implications  be  for the validity of relative data?

mark

--
Best regards,
  Mark Brown                        mailto:markbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx