Re: Rollover data

  • To: "Thomas Brun" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Rollover data
  • From: "Eric Langley" <elangley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 08:22:54 -0700

Tom,

Thanks for your post.

I trade 45 and 60 minute bars on the S&P and NQ. I typically use 50 and 75
bars back.

The problem is that on the 9th of the rollover month the data for the new
contract from the 1st to th 8th is sporadic at best. I would rather use the
previous months data that is adjusted to the new price for the dates 1st to
8th of the current contract. This would give better data for the signals.

And yes, figuring out where you are at rollover with mid time frame term
systems is a problem.

Eric