TS4 & MSDOS windows=missing ticks

In Win98 and Win95 I have a shortcut on the desktop that takes me directly
to a Dos program I use alot.  I've noticed that during market hours when I
am working in this Dos program I will have gaps(missing ticks) in the ES0M
charts.  The gaps are not consistent, but in 1 min charts are usually 1-5
minutes long.

I've looked in the "properties" menu for this MSDOS shortcut to see if
there is a way to increase the foreground or background sensitivity to that
TS 4 will have priority and presumably not loose tics.  All I have found
under properties is an adjustment for "idle sensitivity".  Does anyone know
what that is and if it is appropriate; or, is there somewhere else where I
can make an adjustment so I won't loose tics.  This is a recent problem and
in the years past it didn't exist, so there must be a way to tilt the
balance back towards TS 4 and the Win98 side of the equation.

John